Friday 21 June 2013

Golden boot not my priority – Oduamadi

Oduamadi-NnamdiSuper Eagles forward, Nnamdi Oduamadi is not worried about finishing as top scorer at the ongoing 2013 Fifa Confederations Cup in Brazil.
The Varese man scored a brilliant hattrick against Tahiti in Nigeria’s opening on Monday and currently heads the goal scorer’s standing in the tournament.

He is however more concerned about helping the African champions seal a semi final berth at the tournament with a win against Uruguay on Thursday.
“I am not thinking about finishing as top scorer. What is important is helping my nations beat Uruguay (on Thursday) and I won’t start getting worked up about an issue that could eventually turn out to be a distraction,” Oduamadi exclusively told supersport.com.
The 22-year-old who went into the history books as the first Nigerian to score more than once in a single game at a senior Fifa international tournament took the time to discuss his performance against Tahiti where he netted a treble.
“I was happy to score three goals but what was most important was the winning the game. I also want to use this opportunity to thank my teammates for assisting me get the goals,” he said.
Oduamadi will start against Uruguay in Nigeria’s next game in the tournament at the Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador and the attacker wants to make his mark with yet another impressive display.
“Uruguay is a much better side than Tahiti so we know it will not be an easy game. I will try to score against but the most important thing remains a win for Nigeria,” he concluded.
Oduamadi is the first African to score a hattrick in the history of the Fifa Confederations Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Quotes

The more money you make the more mouth you feed......[scoje]