Wednesday 22 May 2013

I’ve no quarrel with Rivers gov (Wike)

I’ve no quarrel with Rivers gov –Wike

The Minister of State for Education, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, sounded confounding when in an interview on Tuesday in his office in Abuja he debunked claims that he is at war with Governor Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State. Wike dismissed insinuations that Rivers State is at war over the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and said he had nothing against Amaechi and did not believe the governor had anything against him.
He said, “one thing you people don’t know is that there is no fight in the real sense of it as the media reports. I call what you have described as war in the Rivers State PDP or between the governor and I as media creation. “You people (media) have been busy hyping the whole scenario to create an impression that war is raging in the state. That is not true. I have read so much on the media on how everything has gone to blazes. And I ask, where do these things happen. I have to be frank with you that I am not at any war with Governor Amaechi. He remains the leader of the party in the state, and not I.
“We have a change in the leadership of the party, that is, the executive body of the party and that does not translate to any form of war. Most of the newspapers and TV houses have taken sides and labelled me an antagonist of Amaechi being used by someone somewhere in Abuja to create problems in my state and I laugh. I laugh because I think I am old enough to have a mind of mine. So should I wait until someone uses me before I take a stand on an issue.” On a personal relationship with Amaechi, he said, “he remains the leader of the party in the state and that is the reality of the law of the party and nobody for now can change it.
I dare say here with all sincerity that if Governor Amaechi calls me now and invites me to Port Harcourt for a function, I must be there. If he invites me for any discussion on the good of our party and our state, I won’t hesitate to answer him because he is my leader in the party.” On the possibility of reconciliation in the feud, he dismissed what is going on as just politics. “There is no war anywhere, I say again. We are playing politics and what is happening is part of politics. That is why I advise some media houses to apply some moderation in the way they blow the development out of shape because the day we will resolve it, none of you will be there. “So whenever I read of plans to impeach Amaechi, I laugh and ask who is the one to impeach him.
Where is the number of legislators to do that when he is in charge of the majority? The other people assisting the press to escalate the problem are the House of Assembly members. I have the text message of many of them.” They send text everyday and some mock that they love the war because they are benefiting and would not want it to end. I am ready to confront many of them with their texts and let Nigerians know who is really the one troubling Rivers PDP. They say all manner of things in the press and ask for their compensation for fighting for the governor.
The same people turn around to send me text and call to celebrate their exploits and say it loud and clear that the war is profitable.” He advised the PDP group opposed to the new leadership of the party to think twice and accept the reality of a new leadership. He challenged them that change must always change and since the court had ruled to uphold the new exco, it was left for the opposition group to accept the body and join forces with them to lead the party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirational Quotes

The more money you make the more mouth you feed......[scoje]